THEME: God’s presence is always near.
GRACE: Lord, make me more aware of your presence in my life.
- In a journal, note the day, time, and place you’re sitting.
- Open with a few moments of silence. Rest, and breathe deeply.
- Complete the following sentence in your journal: Today, I feel ________________.
- Read these words slowly (aloud or silently):
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast. (Psalm 139:7-10, NIV)
- Pause for a few moments of silence.
Reflection [5-60 minutes]
Find a quiet place to stop and prayerfully reflect over your previous week.
- Open your journal and look back over what you have written for the past four days.
- In today’s journal entry, write a brief summary of what you have experienced this week in your spiritual practices. Take note of what surprised you, what you learned, or where you experienced resistance or frustration.
- This week, our prayer was that God would make us more aware of His presence in our lives. As you reflect over the past four days, did you see any instances of God’s presence during your day? Did you sense God’s nearness in a specific way, or find a new way to connect more closely with Him? No matter how small or insignificant they might seem, these moments are answers to your prayer. Write them down, and thank God for giving You this grace.
- Take a moment to look at your calendar for the upcoming week. As you do so, notice what you are excited about in the coming week, as well as anything that makes you anxious.
- Offer your upcoming week to God, inviting Him to be with you in each event. Give Him thanks for the times you look forward to, and ask Him to provide you peace in the fearful events.
- As you close in prayer, thank God for walking with you this week.
- Closing Prayer: Lord, make me more aware of Your presence in my life.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org