THEME: The resurrection is more than an event, it’s a way of life.
GRACE: Lord, help me experience Your power in my daily life.
- In a journal, note the day, time, and place you’re sitting.
- Open with a few moments of silence. Rest, and breathe deeply.
- Complete the following sentence in your journal: *Today, I feel ________________.
- Read these words slowly (aloud or silently):
Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. (Matthew 28:9, NIV)
- Pause for a few moments of silence.
Reflection [5-60 minutes]
Find a quiet place to stop and prayerfully reflect over your previous week.
- Open your journal and look back over what you have written for the past four days.
- In today’s journal entry, write a brief summary of what you have experienced this week in your spiritual practices. Take note of what surprised you, what you learned, or where you experienced resistance or frustration.
- This week, our prayer was that God would let us experience His power in our daily lives. As you reflect over the past five days, do you see any instances of God’s power at work in your life? Did you sense God speak to you in a specific way, or grant you a moment of peace or stillness that you otherwise would’ve missed? No matter how small or insignificant they might seem, these moments are answers to your prayer. Write them down, and thank God for giving You this grace.
- Take a moment to look at your calendar the upcoming week. As you do so, notice what you are excited about in the coming week, as well as anything that makes you anxious.
- Offer your upcoming week to God, inviting Him to be with you in each event. Give Him thanks for the times you look forward to, and ask Him to provide you peace in the fearful events.
- As you close in prayer, thank God for walking with you this week.
- Closing Prayer: Lord, help me experience Your power in my daily life.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org